The Roadway Safety Awareness Program provides an overview of common hazards in highway and road construction and simple prevention measures. It is designed for use by supervisory personnel with some safety and health experience or by safety and health personnel to orient new workers as they arrive on the jobsite. The program contents are available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
This program is not intended as a compliance guide. It is intended to help your company produce the worker awareness needed to achieve best practices. It is not a substitute for an OSHA 10-hour course or more in-depth training. It is a labor-management safety reminder.
The Roadway Safety+ material was produced under a grant from the Occupational Safety & Health Administration and is based upon work supported by the Federal Highway Administration under a grant agreement. It was developed by a consortium of:
- The Laborers’ Health and Safety Fund of North America
- American Road & Transportation Builders Association
- National Asphalt Pavement Association
- International Union of Operating Engineers
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Texas Transportation Institute
- CNA Insurance
- Laborers' International Union of North America
- LIUNA Training & Education Fund.
Produced for the consortium by FOF Communications.