Train Workers: Save Lives
CrewSafety is for employees inside the work zone and engaged in some of the most dangerous activities. Last year, more than 25,000 people were injured in active road construction work zones and more than 700 people were killed. Many of those were road construction workers. Ensuring workers are safe and go home at the end of their shift can start with training.
NAPA's CrewSafety: Work Zone Training helps employees recognize unsafe work zone situations and understand how they can proactively ensure their safety.
- Web-based; can be used on any device
- Specific to asphalt road construction activities
- Job- and activity-specific training modules
- Individual certificates earned
- Member discounts
- Reinforces safety culture
- Increase safety awareness for laborers, truck drivers, and equipment operators working in roadway construction work zones.
- Learn how to reduce injuries and fatalities in the work zone
- Understand requirements used to control traffic in and around a work zone
- Focus on internal traffic control requirements impacting each job activity
- Identify hazards within the work zone and learn how to properly mitigate them
- Recognize what steps can be taken to ensure safer work zones
Products & Pricing
- CrewSafety— Fundamentals is a 30-minute course (with optional additional 20- minute video) designed to facilitate a basic understanding of work zone construction hazards and the importance of internal traffic control. This module is required to take the more advanced courses, called “bundles,” which are activity-specific and include the Fundamentals course. Price: $15 (NAPA Member) / $30 (Non-member)
- CrewSafety— Laborers Bundle is targeted for road construction paving and milling/cleanup laborers. The advanced 30-minute module provides guidance and information on blind spots, proper PPE, and situational awareness. The bundle includes the Fundamentals course and Laborers course. Price: $25 (NAPA Member) / $50 (Non-member)
- CrewSafety— Truck Drivers Bundle is targeted for CDL holders delivering asphalt pavement mix or hauling RAP and who may enter an active work zone. The advanced 30-minute module provides guidance and information on blind spots, spotting practices, and other important information. The bundle includes the Fundamentals course. Price: $25 (NAPA Member) / $50 (Non-member)
- CrewSafety— Equipment Operators Bundle is targeted for operators of equipment, e.g. paving machines, mills, power brooms, and rollers. The advanced 30-minute module provides guidance and information on blind spots, spotting practices, and other important information. The bundle includes the Fundamentals course. Price: $25 (NAPA Member) / $50 (Non-member)
- CrewSafety— Supervisors Bundle is targeted for those who have supervisory responsibilities in a work zone. The bundle is a compilation of all activity-specific bundles and the Fundamentals course. Price: $50 (NAPA Member) / $100 (Non-member)
Individual modules: If companies are training just a few employees, modules may be purchased individually (see pricing above).
Annual Access Agreement: If companies intend to train employees in a group setting or have many employees to train, an annual access agreement may be purchased (details below).
Registration Process for Purchase of Individual Modules
Courses are purchased for individuals and individuals are provided a certificate after passing a quiz.
- Visit https://artba.ispringmarket.com to register.
- In the top menu, click on National Asphalt Pavement Association.
- Select the course you wish to purchase.
- Add the course to the cart and choose checkout. Note: If you are a NAPA member, contact us to get your coupon code to save 50%.
With this plan, access to the modules is purchased for one calendar year based on the number of employees to be trained throughout the year.