NAPA Talks Webinar Series
Join us for informative web discussions about important issues facing the industry.
- Improved Sustainability and Performance with High RAP and RAS Usage
- PaveXpress — A Simplified, Online Pavement Design Tool
The use of recycled asphalt materials in the form of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) and reclaimed asphalt shingles (RAS) has been a standard practice in the U.S. for over 40 years. The environmental benefits in terms of reduced landfilled material, reduced resource consumption, and reduced energy consumption, as a result of reusing these materials, makes asphalt mixture production one of the most green industrial processes. The cost savings that come with using RAP and RAS are significant, and have been instrumental in stabilizing the cost of asphalt mixtures. The engineering approaches to mix design and pavement design, along with the advanced materials handling and production practices developed by the industry, have resulted in asphalt mixtures that have the durability, strength and flexibility to perform under any traffic condition.
Who Should Attend: State, Local and Private Pavement Owners, Engineers, and Consultants
- Learn how the use of RAP and RAS improves the environment, reduces energy consumption, and reduces costs.
- Learn how the industry is using best practices in the production of mixtures using RAP and RAS.
- Learn how the use of RAP and RAS affects the properties and performance of asphalt paving mixtures.
Speaker: David E. Newcomb, P.E., Ph.D., Senior Research Engineer, Materials & Pavements Division, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
When: September 25, 2:30 p.m. EDT
Register: Click here to register
This webinar is brought to you as a part of the National Asphalt Pavement Association and the Federal Highway Administration Cooperative Agreement.
1.5 PDHs are available for this webinar upon successful completion of the post-webinar test. Please note — only one PDH certificate will be issued per registered attendee.
This freely available web-based tool, allows pavement engineers a simplified approach to creating and evaluating technically sound pavement structure designs, for both flexible and rigid pavements. Using AASHTO 93/98 methods, this tool allows you to design roadways and parking lots in only minutes. The tool provides easy access of available resources for state-specific design methods. PaveXpress is easy to use and understand and is accessible on multiple devices providing technically sound pavement structural design analysis. This webinar will cover the product from front to back and how it can be used in your organization.
At the conclusion of the webinar you will be able to:
- Identify the target use scenario for your organization with PaveXpress
- Understand the empirical pavement design approach used in PaveXpress (AASHTO 93/98)
- Describe the features and capabilities of PaveXpress
- Access PaveXpress on your own and create your first pavement design!
Who Should Attend: State and Local Agency Engineers, Consultants, Students, Pavement Design Instructors, and Contractors
When: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 (2:30pm EDT)
Register: Click here to register
1.5 PDHs are available for this webinar upon successful completion of the post-webinar test. Please note - only one PDH certificate will be given per registered attendee.