For more than 60 years, NAPA has provided information to lawmakers and agencies about the construction and maintenance of our nation's roads and highways. As elements of the Interstate Highway System reach the end of their initial design life, federal and state lawmakers face the need to modernize the nation's network of pavements to support America's economy and quality of life. This rebuilding effort can and should be done in a cost-effective and sustainable way.
An excellent way for lawmakers to learn about the rebuilding effort is to tour an asphalt plant and/or a paving site. There are asphalt operations in every congressional district. A behind-the-scenes tour will also showcase asphalt's recycling and sustainable manufacturing operations. These tours can be facilitated through NAPA's Government Affairs professional staff.
- June 29, 2015: Federal Highway Funding Update
- Americans for Transportaton Mobility Coalition Letter on Highway Trust Fund extension.
- NAPA works to secure 285 Representatives on a letter to House Leadership calling for a multi-year Highway bill with sustainable funding. See list of signers sorted by state here.
- NAPA calls on GOP Leadership to increase the user fees for gasoline and diesel to fix the Highway Trust Fund.
- NAPA Position on increasing Passenger Facility Charges (PFC's) to boost investment in runways, taxiways and aprons.
- NAPA Letter to House (and Senate) in Support for Congress reauthorizing Federal Aviation Administration Programs.
- Coalition Ad Sponsored by NAPA in Support of Congress Providing Adequate Resources to Modernize Airport Infrastructure.