2014 House of Representatives calendar posted! Start planning your plant tours now!
Are you an Asphalt Ambassador?
NAPA's newly created Asphalt Ambassador Commendation recognized leadership in NAPA’s grassroots activities. Honorees are individuals at NAPA member companies who host plant/project tours, attend fly-ins, and meet with their Members of Congress in order to strengthen the asphalt pavement industry. Politics are driven by personal relationships between lawmakers and their constituents, those with the loudest voices are heard on Capitol Hill. Our aim is to grow NAPA’s grassroots participation in order to further amplify our voice with Federal officials. NAPA’s grassroots movement is driven by relationships between political leaders and the asphalt pavement community, and this effort begins at the local level. 2013 Asphalt Ambassadors will be recognized at NAPA's 2014 Annual Meeting in Boca Raton, FL.
Learn more about grassroots advocacy by clicking on the links below:
|HOSTING A PLANT TOUR||ATTENDING A DISTRICT MEETING|
How Highway Funding Works
HIGHWAY FUNDING NEWS
- 11/20/2013 Multi-Industry letter to Budget Conference Chairmen to address the financial situation of the Highway Trust Fund
- 11/19/2013 Americans for Transportation Mobility letter to Budget Conferees to include in any agreement framework to solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis
- 09/30/2013 Coalition letter to all Members of Congress to pass a Continuing Resolution and to deal with the debt ceiling
- 09/16/2013 NAPA letter in support of H.R. 3080, Water Resources & Reform Act (WRRDA)
- 09/16/2013 NAPA Letter in support of Hours of Service Exemption
- 07/25/2013 Highway Program $0 for states in 2015
- 07/11/2013 Fiscal Year 2014 Appropriations Update
- 05/20/2013 Construction Group Letter Supporting Passage of House Legislation Approving Keystone XL Pipeline
- 05/09/2013 Letter from Senators David Vitter (R-La.) and Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) supporting quick enactment of the Accelerated Implementation and Deployment of Pavement Technologies provision in MAP-21
- 05/02/2013 TCC Letter Supporting Senate's Water Resources Development Act
- 04/23/2013 TCC Letter to House Budget Committee on Highway Trust Fund
- 04/10/2013 State-by-state highway funding levels thru 2014
- 11/15/2012 GAO Report "Information on Materials and Practices for Improving Highway Pavement Performance
- 11/14/2012 Meet the new faces of the 113th Congress
- 11/02/2012 Report on the long term funding issues facing transportation
- 10/04/2012 OMB Memo on Discount Rates in LCCA's
- 08/29/2012 Congressionally Sponsored Research on Asphalt Pavements Secured by NAPA